We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

My Projects are Disappearing.......any advice????? PLEASE ADVISE>>>>>ANYONE

Jax06LannyJax06Lanny Member Posts: 3
I am not new to Cricut design space. Lately while working on a project, part of it will simply disappear.
I will have to recreate those steps.
Some completed and SAVED projects have totally disappeared.
Hours and hours of work are simply gone. I will save periodically while working on a project and the top of screen message states (saved successfully) yet when I go to my projects they will not be there.
I went offline and looked and there were some of them there. I went back online and they still were not there.
I went back offline and all of the projects that were there are now GONE....all of them.
I have the save to cloud and computer automatically selected.
WHERE ARE MY PROJECTS GOING?
IS THIS SOFTWARE SO WACKY THAT HOURS AND HOURS OF WORK SIMPLY VANISH?
Some projects that do show up, will not recognize when I hit the "customize" tab....they simply will not open.
Does anyone know where I might look or how to find these completed (and supposedly saved) projects?
I have tried contacting the CHAT room and cannot connect with anyone.
I have tried calling cricut and get the message "due to volume of calls we cannot take your call...try again later)
In the meantime I am quite stressed....are these actually gone and is the software package that riddled with glitches?
I have v5.9.8 version
Any suggestions will be GREATLY appreciated. This makes me hesitant to do any further design or work.
Thanks
LS

Answers

• SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,696
    edited June 7
    It's my personal opinion that Design Space is such a minimal design program that I can't imagine ever using it for designing anything but rather just a portal for cutting to one of the new Cricut models.  Think about using something with a  LOT more power like Sure Cuts A Lot (aka SCAL5) which offers many more design functions and exports as SVG to import into DS. Given how many SCAL5 buyers own Cricuts, it kind of speaks to the strength and popularity of this program in comparison to DS. 
    Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Orbit, Skycut C and D
    Over 90 free MTC videos: http://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/
    Latest MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/
  • Jax06LannyJax06Lanny Member Posts: 3
    Thank you for responding.
    If I may ask if you design in SCAL5, do you then pull them into design space as images?
    If so aren't you still building the project in design space?, As you have to load those images into DS to put the project together and then "make it"?
  • Jax06LannyJax06Lanny Member Posts: 3
    Pulling the images into DS to create the project is where everything falls apart for me
  • SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,696
    edited June 8
    When you say "pulling the images into DS", are you referring to clipart? Photos? Raster images like JPG, PNG, BMP files?  In any cutting program those need to be converted into vectors for cutting and SCAL has a good tracing function that you can learn by just understanding how to adjust settings until you get the results you want. 

Then, the format you export from SCAL is SVG, which is a vector file and essentially ready to cut.  You don't have to trace it (or vectorize it or whatever DS calls it).  If you design something from scratch, let's say text, then it's also ready to cut in DS. 

Watch this webinar (when you have the time) and then post back if you have questions:

Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Orbit, Skycut C and D
    Over 90 free MTC videos: http://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/
    Latest MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/