We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Cutting iPhone Screen Protector film

joebuntingukjoebuntinguk Member Posts: 1
Hi All.

I have a cameo 4 cutter and really like it. I'm wanting to cut screen protector film for my iPhone. 

I can make the cut through it ok, but when I adhese the protector to the glass, I get like a halo type effect around the edges where the cut was made. See the picture below. 

Any ideas on how to get a cleaner cut? Has anyone else come across this issue with this type of media or any other adhesive type? 

Thanks in advance!
Joe

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,622
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,622
    @joebuntinguk - google "how to remove halo effect for phone protective film" without the quotes and you will see this is an issue with pretty much all types of protective screens, film and glass ones. Don't use olive oil (it will go rancid after a while) as suggested by some, use a mineral oil. The edge of the screen is not fully applied to the phone, hence the halo, the oil helps fill the gap. So in essence this is not a cutter or cutter software issue.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.