We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

HTV cutting horribly

asapdezasapdez Member Posts: 1
edited May 24 in General
Hello, so I’ve had my Cricut Explore Air 2 for about 2 months and today I’m absolutely struggling with cutting my vinyl and I don’t know what to do anymore.

I’ve used the same vinyl and the same exact design everyday because I sell the shirt on Etsy. All of a sudden today, the vinyl is ripping/dragging, lifting off the transfer side of the HTV.. what’s even worse is it’s lifting up and and then the machine cuts over where it was lifted so I can’t even fix it to use it.

Last night, I spent all night trying to sharpen the blade and that did nothing. So I stopped for the night. Today I tried again and it cut without lifting but today there’s a ton of these weird bubble cuts in the vinyl. PLEASE HELP. I can’t keep wasting vinyl.

I’ll gladly buy a new blade if needed but I’ve read a few other posts where that didn’t work. I also trued sharpening my blade with foil and that didn’t work either.

The heat transfer vinyl in using is the CAREGY vinyl from amazon. I’ve used it over and over with no problems and find it to be my favorite vinyl.

**Edit: I'm adding a photo of how my vinyl cut today.

Comments