We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Roland blade sizes and uses vs cricut

jackimerlojackimerlo Member Posts: 1
I realize you must go crazy with the same questions all the time.  I have purchased Roland needles For the first time to use with a Cricut explore machine.  Since I never had to change the Cricut needle according to a job I AM CONFUSED,  I think the yellow tip one is the one I will need the most in the Cricut.  What would I use the red and blue ones for? Is the red 30 degrees, the yellow 45 degrees and the blue 60 degrees.  I would really, really appreciate an explanation because my kids keep wanting to change the needles for whatever reason.

Answers

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,682
    @jackimerlo - the most commonly used blade is the red cap/tip blade. The blue is a heavy duty blade, not so great on detailed cuts, but good with heavier, thicker materials. In my world, the yellow is used for fabric cutting.

To find out any further information about the blades you are using, please Google, all that info is more than readily available!
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,598
    Are you using a Cricut cutter?  This forum doesn't support the Cricut machines.  The company that sells the Cricut cutters, sued the programmer of the Make-The-Cut! software twice so they could force him to stop supporting the Cricuts.