We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Can't cut craft foam on Sillouette Cameo 1 Quickutz....help please

lrogers12345lrogers12345 Member Posts: 4
Does anyone know if I can cut craft foam on a Cameo 1? It cuts card stock but could not get it to cut foam. I was using the red cap for the blade and this seems to be for thick material. Any help appreciated. I can buy a different blade if anyone knows of the right one. Thanks.

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,579
    @lrogers12345 - there are several different types of craft foam, cheap and not so cheap. The best one is quite dense in consistency and cuts like butter in a cutter. The other type will crumble like a cake and stick to the mat when you try to take it off. Red cap blade is fine for the best one. Also several passes can help so that you are getting through the material gradually.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • lrogers12345lrogers12345 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks. I tried the red blade with two passes but did  not work.
    I looked closely at the red cap blade, the blade hardly sticks out. It looks too short to cut anything besides paper. 

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,579
    @lrogers12345 - oh good troubleshooting. It should be long enough to cut through the foam but not into the mat! Hope that works for you!
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
    It's not really red, more like a dark pink. Maybe it's the wrong blade. I'll buy a ratchet blade on Ebay, maybe that will work.