We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Not responding/cannot click on svg imported image

I purchased make the cut a few days ago. I’m working with rhinestone template svg’s. 2 of them worked great. The next 3 files all had the same problem (all 5 purchased from the same company)
I can scroll around the canvas up/down, left/right. But when I click on the svg, nothing highlights and it says ‘not responding’. I’ve left the app for over an hour thinking it needed to fully load. It did not help.

I’m using a newly purchased (2 weeks ago) convertible laptop/surface. No other apps are open. Windows 10

Please help!!

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,746
    @valeriebahr - since you purchased these items, I would contact the seller of them. It may be that the file is way too complex for your computer to manage (and what you have described is very indicative of this), so they need to simplify the file in the software that they created it in. If you are very computer savvy I can have you examine the file in a way that you could report to me some info about the file...you need to be comfortable navigating the computer. Let me know, otherwise contact the seller.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,770
    edited May 17
    Rhinestone templates can be especially difficult to manage in MTC because MTC was never designed to handle LOTS of small shapes.  At the same time, it could something entirely different.  I agree with Liz regarding contacting the seller. If the seller won't handle the situation, then work with Liz.  Also, you can check to see if it will open readily in Inkscape, a free program that uses SVG as its native format. I have a video on using Inkscape to "manage" these huge rhinestone designs that MTC struggles with...  and another video showing how to select by color and then make it all one layer so that MTC won't be struggling with many little circles at once.

Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Orbit, Skycut C and D
    Over 90 free MTC videos: http://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/
    Latest MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/