We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Make the cut will not open and I cant get in contact with anyone about this

JoseJose Member Posts: 2

I've been trying to get in contact with someone that can help. I purchased MTC a few years ago and never had an issue unit about a few months ago. The program will not open. When I click on the icon to open the program nothing happens. I tried uninstalling the program and reinstalling the program but still has the same out come. My computer is reading my knk zing cutter. I have a mac desktop and a laptop running macOS Catalina version 10.15.3.. Please help I want to use my cutter. 

Comments

• SharonSharon Member Posts: 160
    The creator of MTC has abandoned the software.  I don't think you'll get any answer from site owners.  I imagine sometime in the future nobody will be able to use the program.  At some point an update to the operating system is going to make the program useless.
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,578
    @Jose - just so you know, Catalina is a 64 bit operating system. Make The Cut! is not, it is 32 bit program, like oil and water they do not mix. Not likely at this point will you be able to use MTC any more on that Mac.

We can recommend Sure Cuts A Lot...it has a native Mac version. It is regularly updated and patched, and it has a few more features than what Make The Cut! has. I suggest you download the install file and use it free for 15 days before deciding.

The other choice is a cheap Windows laptop, install everything there and use it for MTC.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,594
    edited May 7
    Mac Discontinues support for 32 bit applications with the release of the Catalina update
    MTC is a 32 bit application so it will not work with Catalina OS

Using the windows version via a parallels type application on you MAC might? be an option thought might be a lot of hassle too 

Sure Cut a lot software 5 would be a option it is available as a True MAC version
    and supports cutting to the KNK Zing

https://www.iloveknk.com/support/sure-cuts-a-lot-scal-support/
     I see Sandy has replied on another thread
    SandyMcC said:
    There's another program that will cut to your KNK and it's a true Mac program, actively supported and updated by its creator.  You can read it about it here:

http://www.craftedge.com/

There's a trial version there that you can download and test out for 15 days. If you have any issues getting it to communicate with your KNK, I'm here to help you. Post away!  :) 

If you decide to purchase, you can save on the cost by using this link:

https://scrappydew.cartloom.com/cart/quickbuy/163185 

Also, if you tell me which KNK model you own, I'll direct to the best user manual to use. I wrote several KNK with SCAL user manuals and have them on my site. 

Sandy 

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,578
    @Crazy_Mr_Zing - I am not sure if anyone was successfully able to run MTC in parallels. It was tried way back when before you were enlightened by MTC, LOL!
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,594
    @Liz_A I had a feeling I read of someone doing it ?
    Anyway I'm thinking hassle might be an understatement
    so probably best I redact that statement

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files