We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

My Cricut expression

VeronicaEVeronicaE Member Posts: 2
My circuit expressions USB male got pushed through all the way and I can't get it to stay in place so I can connect it to my laptop pls help I can't afford a new on and have orders to fill

Best Answer

Answers

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,682
    @VeronicaE - if the USB you are referring to is the one on the cutter itself, then you need to take it apart and remove it and replace with another one. They are bits that can be purchased at local computer repair shops. You could take it in and get it repaired if you're not technically apt.

You can purchase a used Cricut Expression from this FB group. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/387448384793419/

Offer someone $50 plus shipping for one. I would not pay any more than that, they are archaic, obsolete cutters and have been abandoned by ProvoCraft.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • VeronicaEVeronicaE Member Posts: 2
    Liz thank you I bought this one for 60 a week ago when my old one took a poop because it's so old I will see if I can get a new part if not I will talk my husband into a new one. Thank you so much is it easy to replace when I took it apart the USB male wasn't connected to anything it was just sitting there is that normal
    Yes that bit where the USB should slot into or onto the board inside the cutter. If it is not connected, it can't work.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
    Check your old cutter, you might be able to salvage that USB port and put it into the one that you bought.