We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Cricut - Perforated Cut lines into 1 line

Hi Everyone,
I have a box project that I downloaded for free.  It as dashed score lines on it.  My Maker will score each dashed line.  I want to convert it over to 1 long line so I can use the scoring wheel.  I ungroup everything but the dashed lines stay complete.  Is there a way to convert without redrawing a score lines overtop?  I tried Inkscape but not that good with it.  

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,624
    Difficult to advise without seeing the file

It might be that rather than the dash line be a single line with a dashed adtribute  it is a series of separate single lines

If so>

if is a svg file it probably going to be easier to open the file in inkscape (free) or corel/ adobe illustrator if you have it
    and edit the line - either joining the dashed paths together - extending one of the line and deleting the rest

I'm not that familiar with DS
    but you could try this
    determine the length the line needs to be
    delete all but the dash at the beginning of the line (guessing--- the top for vertical line and left for horizontal)
    resize the dash to the length previously determined
    ( you might also have move position depending where the starting point was
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • WynsterWynster Member Posts: 2
    I just resized one node and deleted the rest of the line.  I thought maybe there was a tool that did it automatically.  

Thanks for the advice though. 
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,762
    @Wynster - no automatic conversion tool that I am aware of. If you are using Make The Cut! it is easier. Dashed lines may be created as a series of very small single lines. I select the dashed line...if the whole line is selected, then I use Break, I unselect, then select all the bit between beginning and ending lines, delete then I select one end and resize that one to meet the end of the other line, then unselect and then delete the last bit. I use the Layers panel to select that last bit to delete. HTH

Doing this in DS is horrible at best.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.