We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Can I make a skin for my cricut?

pbandjamspbandjams Member Posts: 1
I want to make a decorative skin for my cricut explore air 2 with permanent vinyl, but it's been a challenge figuring out how to get it just right. Has this been done before? I can't seem to find anything online close to what I'm trying to make. Everytime I try to make one it doesn't fit right on certain areas and I'm trying to make it cover as much of my machine as possible. Anyone think they can help?
I'm looking for tutorials, products like what I'm trying to make, similar projects, measurements, anything!

Answers

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,522
    @pbandjams - welcome to the Make The Cut! software forum. Here we support users of the software Make The Cut! and its supported cutters. Your cutter is not supported.

Since I personally do not have your cutter, there is no way I can design a skin for it. If what you are doing is not working, then you need to go back to the drawing board and measure twice and cut once, as they say. I haven't heard of anyone wanting to make a skin for their cutter, like why? Make decals or other decorations, yes, I can see that, but to skin it, LOL, maybe for the challenge of creating a file. Sorry, hope you find a solution. Likely won't be here, the forum is dying off as the product is not being supported any more.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.