We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

How can I get my paint to stick to the glass?

msspencermsspencer Member Posts: 1
I am new to glass painting. When I paint glass wine bottles I use a primer and when I go to apply the paint the primer starts to wipe off underneath it.

Answers

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,730
    @msspencerwelcome to the Make The Cut! software support forum! Here we support users of the software Make The Cut! and it's supported cutters. Your question doesn't appear to be relevant to what we do here.

I would suggest you further expand your Google search, and be more specific....paint does not stick to wine bottle.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,730
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,598
    There are glass paints made by Pebeo that work really well.
    Go to http://en.pebeo.com/Pebeo
    and click the "Creative Leisure" text on the same line as the black and white Pebeo logo.  You should get some good info on their products there.  You can buy the paints online through MisterArt.com, which shows 5 pages of Pebeo products here:
    https://www.misterart.com/searchResult/query~pebeo~ 
  • hwganghwgang Member Posts: 2,808
    I have not personally tried it, but I did see some very nice mugs done where the area to be painted was sandblasted before applying the paint. I imagine chemical etching might also work. Good luck.
    Lynne
    Moderation in All Things should be Practiced Sparingly
    In KNK Love with my Zing, Eagle and the Support!