We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Input on Graphtec CE3000-60

kustom_graffixkustom_graffix Member Posts: 1
I hoping some of you guys can help me. I very recently purchased a used Graphtec ce3000-60 on ebay for about $230 shipped. Description said "

Graphtec CE3000 - 60 24" Desktop Vinyl Cutter Plotter. Condition is Used.

It responds and plots but I can’t get it aligned again to cut straight.

Does not come with stand."

When I received the item, it appears as if the post office didn't handle it well and/or the way it was packed wasn't very good. (I would say both). Both plastic end caps were completely smashed, LCD broken, membrane control board disconnected due to the end cap being smashed. All pulleys, belts, carriage and things appeared fine. Nothing appeared bent or unusable. Post office would not let me file a claim and informed me insurance was not purchased. Contacted the seller, and well they are getting rude with me now that I asked why wasn't insurance purchased nor was I given the option to. Ive always wanted a Graphtec so I went a head to see what I could do. (I am familiar with cutters in general) LCD wont work, I did get a green status light to come on and stay on with the power, although when I turn the power on the fan starts up but then immediately turns off. Status light stays green, but can not get it to respond to any commands in different cutting software. Windows says the item is there and installed properly. My question is, do I escalate the situation with eBay to send back and receive a refund hopefully or do I purchase the parts and work on getting it functional again? As long as it wasn't the main board, it appears that I could get the parts at reasonable costs. Is there any way that I could test the motherboard myself? Any and all information, suggestions, opinions, feedback, is more then welcome. I would really like to have a working Graphtec, but cant afford the 7 or 800 dollars.

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,522
    @kustom_graffix - we aren't a hardware support forum, rather we support users of the software Make The Cut!, There are a few Graphtec cutter users here, but just a few and several had issues with MTC and their cutter, so not sure if they even visit here at all. The MTC is considered by most to be abandon-ware, so rarely are there any other logged in users other than myself and perhaps a couple of others.

I would check out the Graphtec forums:

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,594
    The bottom line is; did the seller provide an accurate description.  If they lied about the condition of the cutter, then that is fraud and eBay should help you.  If you paid with Paypal, they can also be called on to help set things right.

That being said, if you feel confident you can repair the cutter, then go ahead with that.  But if you're unsure then my advice is to do your best to get a refund and then save up to get a new Graphtec.  You might take a look at this Facebook group to see if anyone has a Graphtec for sale there.  
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/387448384793419/