We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Help im pulling my hair out!!

dixierose87dixierose87 Member Posts: 1
Hey guys I am faily new to the vinyl world, I got started to help my husband auto shop with decals and such and to also do small craft projects. I purchased a seiki 870 plotter it is 34 in cutter. The plotter came with artcut. I am pretty decent at using the software but man is it limited. I recently started making logos and decals with inkscape, which I really like. the issue is that no matter what I do I cannot imort design from inkscape to artcut, I have done it a few times by saving them as svg files but then in artcut you cant do anything with them so that's useless and they look odd also. I also was told you could cut from inkscape but it will not work and I even tried to get it to recognize like a printer but it doesn't do that eighther. I really think I need a differntt software I can go between  inkscape to, or either one I can design and cut on,  that is compatible with my plotter. Please any help is appreciated, hope my rambling is understandable getting headache over here.:(

Answers

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,522
    @dixierose87 - if your cutting software isn't liking the SVG files from Inkscape, then that would rule out Make The Cut! software as it is very similar to Inkscape in how it creates an SVG. Welcome to the Make The Cut! software forum, by the way, here we support the software Make The Cut! and its supported cutters. MTC might cut to your cutter through the File => Print function, but you would have to purchase it in order to test that out, while in DEMO mode it won't support saving, copying or printing.

Have you tried creating a vector PDF in Inkscape? Vector means that there is no retained raster data, which is maybe why it doesn't like your SVG files, if you had for example a jpg or png file to start with when creating decals. Vector data is just the shapes and lines.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,575
    edited February 19
    I tinkered with artcut, its dreadful and usually the version supplied with these cutters is quite dated and sometimes bootleg

I suggest you try the demo version of Sure cuts a lot  software (SCAL)

The Seki brand seems to be attached to generic clone cutting

Although Scal does not list a seki 870 in the list of cutter
    it does list Vevor 870
    Vevor is another name the appear ro be attached to generic clone cutters and is often also bundled with artcut

Sometimes with this generic branded cutter it a matter of trial and error to find the compatible cutter plugin

Note: while in demo mode SCAL will cut a watermark through your project and also demo mode is limited to 15 days from install

Post edited by Gabe on
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files