We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

making files like kiwi lane boarders

dargusdargus Member Posts: 30
I have been wanting for years to have an svg file for boarders like the ones on kiwi lane.   I have purchased them but cutting by hand is not that accurate.  
I noticed when searching that you said they could be made and that led me to the mtc forum.   I have an old version of mtc, because I could not update due to the issues with cricut.   However I tried to upload the ones further down in this forum and I can't seem to get them to load as svg files.   When I try to save them it says they are an svg and are going to my desktop but they are not appearing on the desk top.   I can upload a word file, but that does not open in design studio.  Any suggestions.   I know this discussion is old, but hopefully someone can help me out.    I don't think I have the savy to actuall make a file from scratch.  

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,497
    @dargus - I am not familiar with kiwi lane, and your post is confusing...I assume "boarders" (which are people who use stand up paddle boards where I hail from) is really "borders". Who is the "you" in "I noticed when searching that you said".  I think you thought you were replying to an old post - which is likely closed, so you can't. Can you provide a link to the post, I see by a search there are several with kiwi lane somewhere in the post.

If you aren't using the old Cricut, you can definitely update MTC. You mentioned design studio, so that means you're using a non-legacy Cricut cutter, so installing the newest of MTC should be OK.
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,568
    If you really need to maintain that older version of There a option to install the latest version of mtc alongside the old as showing in this video

I think i do recall the discussions ? are kiwi borders a sort of stackable cutting stencil/template ?
    there was one discussion on how to re-create them in mtc

As liz says we really need the link to which discussion you looking at
    some of the attachments on older discussion have been lost so the link to the files are invalid

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • SassyLady_LisaSassyLady_Lisa Member Posts: 1,133
    Cut them out of black paper and scan them. Bring them into make the cut and trace them, then export as svg so you can import them into design space.

Live Love Craft