We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

saving files in mtc as an svg file.

dargusdargus Member Posts: 30
I am trying to save files in mtc to an svg file so I can upload them to design studio but when I add the svg to the name of the file I also get .mtc so I can't upload the files.   The file type in mtc only shows the mtc option.   thanks. 

Comments

• dargusdargus Member Posts: 30
    I think I figured it out.    I forgot to export the file in mtc and then select svg.   I wrote it down in my manual so I will remember for future.   Still wish I could figure a way to shadow in design studio.   
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,521
    @dargus - for Design Studio, you could try duplicating the shape, making it slightly bigger and then adjusting it so it has an offset to the original shape. Like this:

Its not perfect but something. Kind of how we did it in the good old days before graphics programs developers gave us the Drop Shadow tool.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.