We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Some help needed with cameo 3... (not cutting on one side)

eternity575eternity575 Member Posts: 2
Hey everyone, have a cameo 3, but for some reason it cuts fine on the left side, but the right side is slightly cut only. changed the blade to a new one, no change... anyone had that problem>?
thanks!

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,497
    @eternity575 - is your mat warped, or bulging in the area that does not cut well. Changing blade as you have found, doesn't typically fix this issue.

Do test cuts with whatever material you are cutting, using ad 1/8" high x 11" wide rectangle on the bottom of the cutting area, increasing pressure but not change the blade tip height or exposure until it cuts properly all the way across the material.
  • eternity575eternity575 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for the answer. it is not warped, using wafer edible papers, I have tried what you said, and it cuts it good. for some reason some of my designs are not being cut right while others are, i'm using the same preset for the material. it's so weird. chainged "force" from 9 to 33 (max) but didn't have any effect. maybe i'm doing something wrong?
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,497
    @eternity575 - the next step would be to try to increase the blade tip exposure. A good exposure would cut through the media but not gouge the mat. Gouging leaves a mark that cannot be scraped off with a fingernail...light scratches on the mat that only penetrate the sticky layer and can be scraped off is OK. Gouging will cause the cutter to lift the media, therefore missing spots. Are you using a special type of food grade mat (glue is not harmful)? Are you able to brayer the material to the mat?