We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Where is the Text Tool?

Hi ! I've been sick and away for a long time, and am just trying to get familiar with MTC again. I never knew I could forget so much! I'm having trouble finding the TEXT tool. I've tried researching discussions and I've gone thru everything I know to do within the program. Can someone tell me where the heck the text tool is? lol Thanks!

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,622
    @pamelaj55 - make sure you have all the tools showing, go to View at the top.  I leave Notes, Lettering Delights not checked.

Text and Fonts is on the Main bar, and when showing, over on the top right side of the screen.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • pamelaj55pamelaj55 Member Posts: 896
    I have the  node toolbar selected. Everything looks like it's there. Shouldn't there be a T for text in that bar? If so, I don't have it and I don't know where else to look for it. Thanks
    I don't have those selected either. Shouldn't there be a T for text in that bar?

I've even reset to factory settings and restarted the computer.
    Restarted program...
  • GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,596
    @pamelaj55, MTC has the Text control on the far right side of the screen inside the "Main" bar.  That's where you can scroll through all the fonts you have, select one and then make decisions on how you want to enter the text.

It seems as though you no longer have the MTC user manual.  If that is the case, you can easily download it from SandyMcC's website, ILoveKnK.com .  Here's the link:  https://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/

Click the link at the top, in Section 1; "Make The Cut User Manuals".  Then you can choose the user manual that goes with your cutter.  Or, if you're only interested in MTC or your cutter isn't listed, you can go to Section 2 and click the Make The Cut link which will display the User Manual onscreen.  It says in the link that the main part of the user manual is Chapters 3 through 8.  When you're looking at the PDF file onscreen you can search for Text and find all you need to know.
    Thanks, Gabe. I do have the fonts on the right side. I was thinking there was an icon on the other side where the eraser, etc. is and that you had to select it to use the fonts. It's been a long time! But now what do I need to do to be able to use the font on my matt. I have my font selected. I know this is a simple thing, but I'm not getting it.
    Got it! Thanks for posting the User Manual, Gabe.I knew it was something so simple! I'm sure I'll be referring to it a lot!
  • GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,596
    edited January 30
    @pamelaj55, glad you got it figured out.  Those manuals written by Sandy McC are beyond excellent!  She is a treasure trove of information and is such a nice and helpful person to boot.

To familiarize yourself with MTC again, do some reading in the manual.  Probably the best thing is to start at the beginning and move through the manual at your own pace. 

The layout is very intuitive.  It starts with very easy concepts and gets more detailed as you go along. 

Unfortunately, I've seen many people come here complaining that they don't understand how to do this or that.  And it is because they wanted to do, for example, Print and Cut, but they just jumped to that part of the manual and skipped over the part about calibration, so they got poor results and didn't understand why.

If you move through the manual a bit at a time, and don't stress yourself trying to move too quickly, you'll soon be making just about anything your cutter is capable of and with the benefit of learning where to look for stuff in the manual that can help with all your projects.

BTW, I think it is also good to check out the wonderful videos that Sandy has made so you can actually see how to do things, too.  Here's the link:

https://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/ .  (same as before) . :)

Especially useful are the videos on pixel tracing, working with text, and designing with MTC.