We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Loss of picture definition print and cut

bizzaroscanadabizzaroscanada Member Posts: 3
edited January 27 in Resolved Issues
The picture shows up perfect in print and cut preprint but prints much lighter with loss of definition ?

I can go back to any of my other graphics programs it prints what it sees .. so that's ok between my PC and printer?

I need high definition print and cut image printed

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,497
    @bizzaroscanada - choose File => Print Preview to see what you get when you print AND choose Contrast setting under Virtual Mat to see what you get when you print on the mat. This is not a bug or issue with MTC, it was deliberate as MTC is not a good memory manager AND it was not primarily designed to handle raster graphics. It's a vector graphic tool.
  • bizzaroscanadabizzaroscanada Member Posts: 3
    ,,I originally contacted circut and asked about this exact point .before I bought?... There reply was yes about high end graphics support that I need to cut out for my record artwork.... It's just to cut the circle out accurately .... I will go and try your suggestions I do have other purposes for the unit and I am great at work arounds ...thankyou
  • GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,590
    edited January 28
    @bizzaroscanada
    You contacted Cricut?  Are you using Make-The-Cut software or the Cricut software?

@Gabe - I think he contacted Cricut to ask what were the requirements for using their software and he was told that he needs high end graphics support. That is what I understood.
    @bizzaroscanada - just one more thought. MTC does not degrade the quality of any image when you send it to print. MTC only uses the settings that are set at the printer level, so if the printer is set to DRAFT quality, it will print at DRAFT quality. If the printer is set to print at HIGH Gloss photo paper and quality set to high, then that is how it will print. Hope that helps. I think that people think it's the computer controlling the quality, but truly its the printer. The computer can just override it typically by the user going into the Properties of the printer and changing things there. HTH