We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

My Cameo no longer cuts certain designs properly.

dan213dan213 Member Posts: 1
I'm out of ideas at this point, to be honest. My Cameo has worked PERFECTLY for years, but then things started acting up a few weeks ago. Certain designs no longer cut straight.

Let's say that I have a design with one word on top, and one word on bottom. That's it. Now, the bottom word will slant upward and sometimes overlap the top word. This doesn't happen on all designs though. It cuts perfectly for some, and then all wacky for others.

I'm cutting the same vinyl I have for close to 5 years.

I've tried uninstalling the software and reinstalling it, updating it, using a new blade, calibrating the machine, lower the packet size to 500: nothing works.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm wasted a lot of time and materials because of this issue.

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,525
    @dan213 - I would say you have likely got your money's worth out of your cutter and it's time to retire it. If you have reinstalled the software as much as you say you have, well you know what they say about repeating the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome =). I am going to suggest based on my cutter experience that your data cable inside the cutter is shot. That would need to be replaced. Contact Silhouette America to find out if that is even possible.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.