We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

making dashes

I am trying to cut this file and wanted to make the fold lines into dashes.  I was success for most of them but there are 3 that I cannot separate to make dashes. Help. 

Comments

• DsikesDsikes Member Posts: 2
    Sorry...there are 9 lines. :)

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,622
    edited December 2019
    @Dsikes - ok some of the lines you need to be dashed fold lines are child bits inside parent shapes. That means if you change any line, the whole shape changes. So you have to separate the lines from the shape - look at the little house shape, second on the top. For that one, I would create a straight line, make it dashed, line the dashed line up to the existing line, then node edit and delete the original. I always make my dashed lines so they come just inside the main shape, this helps to prevent accidental tearing.

Hope that helps!

Post edited by Gabe on
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,694
    edited December 2019
    Two things in general:  (1) When I can't seem to select a shape inside another shape because the wrong one keeps getting highlighted, I simply hide whatever "wrong shape" is getting selected.   (2) If the shape I want to individually select is joined to the shape I do not want, then I apply  Break. Then I got back to (1), if needed, to select the one I want to change. It appears this approach should work in your case.

Post edited by SandyMcC on
    Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Orbit, Skycut C and D
    Over 90 free MTC videos: http://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/
    Latest MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,603
    Sometime it can be  difficult to select objects that are underneath or inside other objects 
    if you expand the layers of the layer bar you should be able to select by click on those objects in the layer bar 

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!