We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Zing Air Laser

CharoCharo Member Posts: 750
I was just finishing my Thanksgiving cards when the minute I hit CUT (after setting the laser point) the blade shifted back to the right and the laser went off....no cutting!  I have verified the machine is connected and is cutting with Zing Air turned the machine and the software on and off.  Oh NO what is the problem???
Member 30818

Comments

• CharoCharo Member Posts: 750
    I found an old post in MTC on this issue and re-downloaded the plugin.  Then I was able to cut a simple shape.  This one still won't cut so I guess it is the file but I don't now why.  I enlarged and don't see any strange things and it is one of Di's decorative braces, except the words of course, and she never makes errors! It is the shape on first layer that won't cut.
    Member 30818
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,381
    @Charo - the file is quite large (for an MTC file) because you have the graphics in the background.

Try copying the layer and then put it into a new empty MTC file and cutting from there. Close this file first before trying.
    PS - Charo - there are over 22,000 nodes in those 4 images, so that may be the problem as well. Try the Smooth & Simplify to get the numbers down.

Restart the computer as well, its likely not enough resources that is an issue as well.
    @Liz_A I saw all those nodes and tried all your suggestions:  that shape will not print for me.  It's OK I'll choose another shape.  That many nodes aren't worth borthering with!  Thanks for your help.
    Member 30818
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,545
    not quite sure i understand "that shape will not print for me"

I assume you mean this shape 

did you try auto simplify path 

often also using flatten paths will help you pattern the pose cutting issues
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
    I think it was the text that was used that is causing that issue, just a hunch. I used a text similar to that one time and my MTC would just close. Used a different font and no worries.
    @Liz_A Yes I did try all those things.  I even thought it might be the text but working with words is my least favorite thing in paper crafting so I decided it wasn't worth the effort and scrapped it for something much easier.  That text style wasn't the best for the purpose anyway....just hate trying to find a font I like.
    Member 30818