We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

SVG File Help

cstanton0867cstanton0867 Member Posts: 1
I have the Brother Design-N-Cut (DC200).  I found a free SVG file on the internet that I would like to use.  It has a small image, and some words above and below the image.  The words (and in some cases each letter) are different colors.  My question is, how do I fix this image where I can cut each word (or in some cases each letter) with a different color of vinyl?  I am so totally lost.  :( 

Answers

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,547
    edited October 2
    Its a little difficult to advise without seeing the file
    If your unable to ungroup in Brother canvas application you may need to alter the svg file  as canvas does appear to have a break apart function

if you have Make the cut software Import then Break then export as new svg

If not try inkscape which is a free vector edition software
    open the file  select the objects and Object > Break Apart
    check you can select each individual part of the design
    save as a new file name
    and import to canvas
    Post edited by Gabe on
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,577
    edited October 2
    In order to cut things in different colored vinyl, you would need to load and cut vinyl of different colors for each part of the design that you want to be a different color.  Say you have a design that has 6 colors in it.  To create that in vinyl, you'd need 6 different colors of vinyl and you'd have to load each one onto the cutting mat separately, and then cut out whatever is going to be that color.  I have a KnK Zing, which has 3 different cutting modes; Knifepoint, WYSIWYG, and Print and Cut.  Knifepoint is very good for this type of work because you can use scraps of vinyl.  The blade origin will determine where the cutter will cut the design on the mat.  The image below is from page 32 of the KnK Zing user manual.  It shows how to use MTC to cut several vinyl scraps in different colors.