We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

I've had my SIL for a bit and issues with BT but now has issues crashes everytime on pixscan. EVERY

LizardmandadLizardmandad Member Posts: 3
edited September 8 in Off Topic
I may have posted this in the wrong area. If so sorry my first time...

Windows 10 2.8ghz 12.0 g memory I tried to drop back to a legacy version same thing... I tried to delete the folder in appdata same issue crashes everytime and this pixscan used to work and crashes everytime and I don't know what to do but wait for my Monday appt at 1:00pm.

Firmware 1.60

Any quick tricks for me to try to resolve on my own? 

Thank You for your valued time.  Anthony

Comments

• MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,228
    Hi Anthony and welcome to the support forum for the 3rd party software Programs, Make The Cut and Popup Card Studio. It sounds like you are using a Silhouette cutter with their pixscan mat. Since it looks like this is your first post, you just joined the forum, and are talking about using the pixscan mat, I am going to assume that you are not using MTC software. If this is the case, you may not get a lot of help here due to little users using the Silhouette setup. Sounds like you have already set up getting help from Silhouette support tomorrow so hopefully they can get you sorted out. In the interim, you might look for a Silhouette dedicated Facebook group for further help and troubleshooting if you do Facebook. Unfortunately, Silhouette never had an official support forum like this one.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • LizardmandadLizardmandad Member Posts: 3
    okay thx for the support anyways.  Q: What cutter do you guys prefer to use with your MTC software?
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,381
    @Lizardmandad - older Silhouette cutters, several of the KNK cutters, Black Cat cutters, Cougar cutters...see the supported cutters here: http://make-the-cut.com/

Most newer models not supported, some with limited functionality.
  • SassyLady_LisaSassyLady_Lisa Member Posts: 1,132
    edited September 9
    @Lizardmandad ;I seem to remember that a Windows 10 update has caused problems for lots of Silhouette Studio users. I have had to roll back my computer to prior to an update in the past to get my software to work correctly in the past. The problem was with Windows, not Studio. Hope this helps.

Live Love Craft
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,381
    Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but this was posted by Silhouette America:

As of August 1, 2019 Silhouette America is no longer able to support USB connection between Windows 10 (1809, 1903, or above), particularly USB 3.0, or other related newer hardware and the following Silhouette models:

- CAMEO 1
    - Portrait 1
    - Silhouette SD
    - Original Silhouette

We apologize for any frustration or inconvenience this may cause. Unfortunately, as some technology advances, we are eventually unable to provide compatible hardware to accommodate these changes.  

More info:

WARNING!!! ⚠️ Windows users LISTEN UP!! 👂 There's a significant change in the recently released Windows operating system update. With the release of Windows 10 1809 on August 1, 2019, Microsoft no longer supports USB 1.0 connections via a USB 3.0 port. Sound like gibberish?

**Here's what it means for you?** Older model Silhouette machines including Portrait 1, CAMEO 1, SD, and original Silhouette machines (along with other hardware like printer, fax machines, scanners, external drives, cameras, etc that use that same type of USB connection) will no longer be compatible. HOWEVER while Silhouette exhausts all options for these users...you have a few options:

1. If you have one of these machines, and can avoid the Windows update, hold off! Older Windows versions still play nice with older Silhouette machines.

2. If your computer has a usb 2.0 port, you can try to use that, or, if you have a CAMEO 1 or SD you can use your machine via SD card.

As technology advances this is sometimes what happens...think floppy disks and VHS. Again, it's important to remember this is not a Silhouette software issue so updating or downgrading your Silhouette Studio software will not impact the inability for the Windows operating system to communicate with Silhouette CAMEO 1, Portrait 1, and SD.

I'll continue to update this blog post as more info is released > https://www.silhouetteschoolblog.com/…/windows-10-1809-upda…