We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

System and Purchased Fonts

KIYPRICEKIYPRICE Member Posts: 1
Have anyone else had any issues using the system fonts or purchased fonts with this new update? I am using windows 7 and have been since I got the Cricut Explore Air and received a message stating that  Design Space is not working with the Windows 7 optimally and suggested that I upgrade my operating system.

Comments

• MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,228
    Welcome to the Make The Cut (MTC) software support forum. MTC is a 3rd party software program that works with a variety of cutters, but not directly with the Cricut cutters. As a result, you will not find many Cricut users here to assist with specific Cricut related questions.  ;) The best place to find support for the Cricut brand is unfortunately primarily through Facebook Groups  now as Provocraft did away with their support forum several years ago. Unfortunately, if you don’t do Facebook, you don’t have much other options beyond contacting PC directly. 😔

That all said, if you do a google search, you should find information that indicates that PC has in fact eliminated support for Windows 7 with their program. This is probably in part do to the fact that Microsoft ended mainstream support for Windows 7 in 2015, but the OS is still covered by extended support until January 14, 2020. Which means, Windows 7 is becoming obsolete and you may need to consider upgrading in order to continue for your program(s) to continue to work as needed.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • signgodsigngod Member Posts: 23
    you fine with windows seven.. all my machines are on it.. you main problem is you need to drop the circut and go with a cameo silhouette 2 or 3 as MTC does not support the circut and the cameo work just fine with all versions of make the cut

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,385
    @signgod - you have til January 2020 upgrade your computers, they will become obsolete at that time.
  • signgodsigngod Member Posts: 23
    just because they don't so called support it does not mean you need to update your computer to another operating system.. I still have working computers that have windows 95 and xp.. they boot.. they runs my sign programs, and still hook up to my order Graphtech plotter. they are backup machines in case I need to cut and the main machine wont boot for some reason... so don't bully users to update to the latest windows 10
    @signgod - no bullying intended, just stating facts.
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,547
    edited September 3
    Cricut made a announcement sometime ago stating they would discontinue to provide backward compatibility of Design Space to Windows 7.
    Should you wish to continue to use the online design space there's no option but to update your OS. 

Depending on you computer it maybe possible to update the operating system to windows 10.  I believe this is still a free upgrade.

There is an official compatibility tester.
    It's probably documented on many sites.  This was the first google result; 
    https://www.zdnet.com/article/will-your-pc-run-windows-10-use-this-well-hidden-compatibility-checker-to-find-out/

Operating systems that are no longer supported with updates may pose a security risk as newly discovered security vulnerabilities are no longer rectified.

Not really a issue if you just use general applications but it may be unwise to access the internet for uses such as online banking for shopping. 
    Post edited by Gabe on
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
    Thanks @Crazy_Mr_Zing for a good explanation on the importance of keeping your operating system current...it helps keep your computer secure. Also, you will find that many websites are now blocking computers that are running outdated operating systems, so your browsing options may be comprised. Sites like online ordering, banking, etc. are more progressive in this area. But each to their own.