We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Laser Sound when on Reg Marks

CharoCharo Member Posts: 753
Ever since I disconnected the fan it seems to me that when the laser light is exactly on a reg mark, the machine oes silent.  Is this my imagination or is this the way it is supposed to be??
Member 30818

Comments

• SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,638
    Not that I've ever experienced but I've never tried disconnecting the fan!   @Liz_A, have you experienced this with your Zing? 
    Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Orbit, Skycut C and D
    Over 90 free MTC videos: http://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/
    Latest MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,506
    @SandyMcC and @Charo - yes, I find this is the same with the Maxx Air, once you are dead on the reg mark, the sound changes, which I TOTALLY love!!!
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
    PS my first Zing was dead on arrival for the fan. The replacement Zing's fan worked. I disabled it =).
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • CharoCharo Member Posts: 753
    Thanks @Liz_A glad to know I am not losing my mind.  And I love the silence when the laser hits just right too!
    Member 30818
  • SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,638
    Wow! I'm astounded by this. For sure, I've noticed that the brightness of the laser light changes and I've used that to make sure my laser dot is centered on the reg mark but never heard a sound change. 
    Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Orbit, Skycut C and D
    Over 90 free MTC videos: http://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/
    Latest MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,570
    Rather technical but stepper motor stop at positions magnetically held by 2 magnets or 4 
    I would imagine there would be some change is sounds emitted ?

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
    @SandyMcC - LOL well here I thought it was an ingenious invention on the part of KNK. I never could understand why people complained about manually setting of reg marks on for instance the Maxx Air...to me it was so dead easy, with the way the laser light appears to shrink when it hits the mark right, and the change in the sound of what I call the whine, are so satisfying to me, I feel like I am so totally in control. I also feel smug sometimes, when I hear of other brand cutters that can't read their own reg marks (Silhouettes come to mind), and there is no option for the user to manually set it...I never have that problem. And instantly, all over again, I am justified in the cost of the Maxx Air which was at the time, likely twice the price of other cutters on the market. 
  • milliejsmilliejs Member Posts: 275
    sooooooo....how do you disable the fan???  I have an original zing (isn't that amaZing?)

Millie Speck Zing/KNK Dealer A Speck of Charm & Farm Love cutting up
    @milliejs - flip the Zing over. Unloosen the plate on the bottom with the grid on it for the fan exhaust. The fan is connected to the main board with a little cable and plug. Unplug it. Done. Screw the plate back on again. This is from memory, half of our house is packed up as we are selling, the Zings are packed away.