We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Does make the cut work with the Cricut?

LGaleLGale Member Posts: 2
I have heard that it does.

Answers

• Rosie0530Rosie0530 Member Posts: 3,138
    None of the new ones. Only if you bought the first version of Make the Cut. Cricut sued and so now it doesn't match up.
    Rosie in VA. originally from PA. Proverbs3:5,6
  • SassyLady_LisaSassyLady_Lisa Member Posts: 1,132
    Many people use MTC to design and export as SVG into Design Studio to cut.

Live Love Craft
  • LGaleLGale Member Posts: 2
    @Rosie0530 I was told I can use it in Design Space to make bling t-shirts.
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,543
    Which cutter do you have ?

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,225
    As already noted, MTC does not work directly with Cricut cutters because Provocraft sued them, not once, but twice to ensure that ability was removed in order for them to try and ensure Cricut users were locked into their cartridges, images and programs. Design Space is Provocraft’s online program that works with their cutters and MTC is a 3rd party stand-alone program so no, you cannot “use it in Design Space.”  However, as also noted, you can take a file created in MTC and export it out to an SVG file and import into other programs that support doing so. However, Provocraft’s programs do not always import SVG files correctly and you would need to adjust it once imported.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,381
    Design Space no longer supports older Cricuts, so you may not be able to use that program either.