We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Why is my vinyl feeding the opposite direction than usual?

When I tried using my cutter today, the vinyl is being fed in the  opposite direction than normal.  I have my vinyl roll behind the cutter and align the vinyl to cut coming out the front of the cutter.  Today it suddenly changed directions.  I even tried running front to back instead of back to front, but it didn't pull enough vinyl through so I ran out of vinyl before I ran out of the design I was cutting.  HELP! 

Answers

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,594
    What cutting machine ? Are you using Make the cut
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,671
    I think you have a Zing based on your past Discussions.  Could you provide a little more detail?  I assume you get the vinyl inserted into the Zing with just the typical small amount at the front of the cutter.  Then, are you able to set an origin the normal way? 
    Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Orbit, Skycut C and D
    Over 90 free MTC videos: http://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/
    Latest MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/
  • Gramma_ArleneGramma_Arlene Member Posts: 10
    I guess I didn't realize you could set an origin.  How do I do that?
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,578
    @Gramma_Arlene - you would put your vinyl in so that the edge of it is placed just to the front edge of the cutter, about 1/2" or so in front of the white cutting strip, and so that the tip of the blade would be over the vinyl. Clamp down and then in the software before you cut, you choose the option Set Blade Origin. If you need to refer to Sandy's User Manual for KNK Zing and MTC, find it here:

https://www.iloveknk.com/0um/KNKZing/KNKZingwithMTCUserManual.pdf see page 35, 2.08 Set Blade Origin. You can move the laser light to what will be your starting point, that represents the bottom right corner of the Virtual Mat...the arrow on the mat in MTC determines orientation, whether portrait or landscape in WYSIWYG. 

Unless your cutter has become totally possessed (or you have some random node or shape way off the mat), it should start the cut from the bottom right corner of the design and go from there, cutting inside shapes and then outside shapes, right to left.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!