We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Eugene cutter

dawnb60dawnb60 Member Posts: 2
Would this cutter work with MTC??

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,500
    I suspect this cutter might be one of the many chinese clones that all sporting different brand name
    "eugene" doesn't seem to come up in any google search

Are there an other identifiers on it model numbers ?
    what connection methods does it have USB, Serial, etc?

doubtful but possible one of the make the cut plugins for the other machines might work with it

if you have the drive to be able to set the cutter  up as a printer 
    MTC might be able send cutting jobs that way
    but the problem is the demo version on make the cut has the print option disabled

really I think trying to get make the cut work with this cutter might be very frustrating

another option but still requiring some detective work might be Sure Cut a Lot software it includes plugins for dozen of model of cutter and the demo version will allow you to sent test cutter through to the cutter
    be aware the demo only is valid for 14 days so best do some research into what brands this cutter is closely related to
    I checked Eugene is not on the list
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,249
    As Crazy Mr Zing said, if you can find a model number or more info, there should be a plate on the bottom of the cutter. It looks like a Foison brand cutter, which means potentially it could work with MTC using the File => Print function. But with being an unknown brand and very little information, I'd pass on making any assumptions, it looks old and beat up, does it even work?
  • dawnb60dawnb60 Member Posts: 2
    thanks, someone was trying selling it but said they couldnt figure it out after purchasing from.somwone else.
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,249
    LOL that's your sign, run away!
  • GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,543
    I agree with Liz.  I bought a cutter from Signwarehouse and when I found MTC I asked if it was compatible.  Andy said no, but he was working on a plugin for it.  Well, it is now something like 9 years later and needless to say, no plugin ever saw the light of day.  What I'm trying to say is, first take a look at the MTC supported cutters on the download page.  Then pick a cutter from that list, if MTC is what you want to use.