We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Using the Slice Tool/Removing cut lines in the middle of an image.

Alyce_WAlyce_W Member Posts: 5
I am very new to design space and have lots of questions.  When I slice something in half, how do I separate the parts so that I can use them separately.  I would also like to know how to remove cut lines in the middle of an image. Like removing buttons from a dress.  I have tried the slice tool and sometimes it works great and leaves the background color.  Other times when I do the exact same thing, it just leaves a larger hole in the dress. Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,323
    edited March 2
    @Alyce_W - welcome to the Make The Cut! software forum and its supported cutters. This is not a forum for Design Space, even though we may have users who have Cricuts along with other cutters that work with Make The Cut! For technical details on how to use your software, you'll need to seek out information from a forum or Facebook page that is specific to your software.

Also Design Space is pretty basic, and it is not a raster graphics editing program. It allows you to import images and make them a vector cutting path. To do what you want to do, this would be done in a raster editing program, like a PhotoShop, or a CorelDraw or Paint Shop Pro, and then the image imported into DS for print and cutting.
  • Alyce_WAlyce_W Member Posts: 5