We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Black Cat Cougar

ltgrandmaltgrandma Member Posts: 2
I have a Black Cat Cougar that I have not used in a while.  
I purchased it through Thatsscrap and I was on the Thyme Graphics forum.  
My machine was run by Signcut and I would have to contact Dawn Grantham on the Thyme Graphics, every so often, to re register my signcut to get it working.  I can not find Thyme Graphics anymore and I can not get on the American forum.  I use to be on it and now it will not let me register.  Can I use my machine with Make the cut and not use signcut?   
Hope someone can help.
ltgrandma

Answers

• MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,228
    Welcome to the Make the Cut Forum. First, it is my understanding thst Dawn and her business in the UK, Thyme Graphics, is no longer in business. As a result, her site and forum are gone, However, Sherri is still in business in the US. Her business was That Scraps. So did you buy your cutter from Sherri in the US or Dawn in the UK? If you bought from a Sherri, I would recommend you reach out to her via her contact page on her website about accessing the forum: https://silverbulletcutters.com/contact-us.aspx

With that noted, you can use Make the Cut with a BC Cougar. It is the first cutter outside of the older Cricut machines that Andy added a plugin for in MTC. However, it pains me to say that MTC has not been updated in years now so if I were looking to add a new software program to use with my cutter, I would probably look at SCAL (Sure Cuts A Lot) from Craftedge as it continues to be updated and also works with the Black Cat Cougar and it’s replacement the Silver Bullet line of cutters. SCAL is also the software program used with the Silver Bullets and is the only program that they support on their forums.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • ltgrandmaltgrandma Member Posts: 2
    Thanks MeFlick.  I think I bought it in the US.  I think Dawn worked for Sherri and took care of the license and signcut parts.   Since Dawn worked with me, I followed her on the UK forum.  Thanks for giving me the link to Sherri.  I will contact her.
    I also appreciate you explaining SCAL to me.  I most likely will be going along with that program and will be back for help in learning.   
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,228
    You are welcome. Dawn and Sherri had their own separate businesses but were sort of “partners” in some ways, as best I understood it. As I recall, Dawn sold and supported Signcut but Sherri did not once there were other software options available to use with their cutters. SCAL has their own support forum as well and ScrappyDew sells on.ine classroom to learn SCAL. It can be found on his site: https://classroom.scrappydew.com/ you can find the Craftedge site here: http://craftedge.com/
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • kgburgesskgburgess Member Posts: 42
    I have a Black Cat Lynx, but I haven't messed with it in years.  I bought it from the same place as you.  However, I never liked SignCut and always used MTC with it.  It worked perfectly.  I hope that helps.  I hope to fire mine up again if I can ever find the time to get back to scrapbooking!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!