We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Registering my Silhouette Cameo 3

dessydo99dessydo99 Member Posts: 2
I just bought a used Cameo 3 from a girl on Facebook...she had the Cameo registered in her name...how can I re-register it in my name to download the software?

Answers

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,594
    edited February 2019
    Might be misunderstand but there no requirement to register to download and install silhouette studio  https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/software

If your meaning that the person you purchased the machine from had one of the upgraded versions (Design edition or Business Edition ) I don't think the licence agreement would allow that to be transferred to other persons

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • dessydo99dessydo99 Member Posts: 2
    She already put in the serial number through her email. So it wont let me put in the serial number again to put into my name. I'm not sure how she needs to unregister it from her name
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,594
    edited February 2019
    Registering the tool will not prevent you from downloading silhouette software

You might need ask silhouette if there is a method of transfer the tool registration details [email protected]
    or have the previous owner edit the details on their account

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,578
    When someone registers software for their use, that is the end of the process. You cannot transfer any software license from one person to another, nor can you deregister it, as they all have EULA agreements that you click Agree when you install the software. You will need to pay to purchase a license use of the software yourself.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!