We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

trying to import PCS file into Design Space

Hello, I looked to see if this question had already been answered, but could not find it. I just purchased PCS and am trying to import my saved file into Cricut DS. It is saving as an .svg during the process, but when it is saved on my computer, and I go to retrieve the file, it is a .pcs file, and Criicut DS does not import that type of file. What do I need to do to save it correctly so DS will import it as an SVG? Thanks!

Answers

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,516
    File>Export>Project Rending>As SVG should work though you will need to proportional resize in DS if you was you project to be the size as design in PCS
    as it appear DS will import the SVG 25% larger

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • stinesculpturestinesculpture Member Posts: 6
    Its not working, its getting all messed up on import. Here is design in PCS and design in DS...not coming in correctly. 
    I even tried just one of the projects from the gallery to make sure it wasnt a problem in my creation of the project. Here is the candles project from the gallery in PCS...

and here is the project brought over into DS...

its a mess...
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,516
    edited February 11
    Firstly check the print preview in PCS and check you score? fold lines are showing as dashed

IN DS There should be 2 layers one for cuts and one for score lines (although name cut as well) as
    it appear DS brings the score line in as continuous cuts rather than dashes

once you identify the layer contain the score line set it's line type to score
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,297
    edited February 11
    DS has some funny quirk to it, you have to group or combine or some other function in order to keep all the lines together. It's the DS program that is the issue here, based on what I read from a FB group. I think the function might be attach.
    Yes, the import takes a little adjusting. Score lines (fold lines) come in as cut, so they need to be changed and then 'attached' After some fiddling with it, I think I have it. Running a test now. Thanks for all the help everyone, I was VERY frustrated last night, but think I figured it out...*fingers crossed*