We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

driver for SK 375-t.....FOUND AND INSTALLED-THANK S

TurbuzzTurbuzz Member Posts: 1
edited February 15 in General
I've searched and am not sure if there is software or just the cutting programs?
I LOADED MTC trial and m trying to cut out a face from their template. Won't cut. I looked in my printers and faxes for this cutter and do not see it. Where do I find if it is connected? This is my first attempt as I put $140.00 in a cutter. Any help will be welcome.
Post edited by Turbuzz on

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,246
    @Turbuzz welcome to the Make The Cut! software forum. I have never heard of your cutter, so Make The Cut! will not support through a direct cut via a plugin, which is how most of the supported cutters are accessed. Those plugins are found on the same page you downloaded the MTC install software.

If the cutter supports HPGL, then it is possible that you can cut through the File => Print function. Have you installed the software that supports your cutter?  If not that's why you cannot find it in the Devices and Printers dialog. You will likely also need to install the FTDI driver from here: https://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D3XX.htm - this the most recent updated driver.

Once you have done that, then in MTC with a file on the mat, you will have to choose File => Print options and at the bottom check the Print wireframe.

Then File => Print and choose your cutter. You may have to unplug the USB for the cutter then plug it back in again for the computer to finish that setup after the FTDI chip install.

HTH
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,246
    PS $140 is not a lot for a cutter, unless used.
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,500
    The Seki SK 375T has been discussed before

http://www.make-the-cut.com/search/?q=sk+375

you may find a few more results by using differing search term eg seiki

I believe this machine or clones of this machine are sold under other names as well eg "Vevor"

Usually these cutter are distributed with a quite dated version of Artcut software of questionable origin ?

I don't recall if there was every a resolution to people issues

I think you may have to find the usb serial driver that is compatible with what version of windows you are using

a Youtube search may provide some helpful results
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,500
    Also the unregistered version of MTC blocks printing ? so that might pose a issue when any attempt to test of comparability with you cutter using the print to function

I check the cutter list on Sure cuts a lot software it lists a Seiki T series?
    may be worth trying the demo fo that software
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files