We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

CAN'T PASTE REGISTRATION CODE IN REGISTER NOW BOX

lwebblwebb Member Posts: 30

OK I know this has been addressed but none of the answers I've found were answers, only suggestions of things I've already tried SO does anyone have a solution to this. Working on an iMac, have used MTC for years. Up graded to Mojave and had to reinstall the software. I have my original registration number but I can’t paste it in.  Yes I’ve tried quick keys to paste and paste from the drop down menu. Nothing, just beeps. When I type it in the "accept" dialog button does not function. 

I’ve retyped it more than once and all the Bs are Bs not 8s. Tried it with dashes and without.

If reinstalled it several times after removing any existing MTC and then resetting Wineskin each time from scratch. Bridge sees the cutter and moves the blade when I test it.

Does anyone know how to get around the trial version problem?

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,405
    @lwebb - have you tried a total uninstall and then reinstall of MTC and then adding the bridge. That is the recommendation. Use the Cleaner app after you have removed, then reinstall. Also the reg key does begin with MTC, right?
  • lwebblwebb Member Posts: 30
    Hey Liz, Yes, Yes and Yes. And yes the code starts with MTC. Any other ideas?
    Thanks
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,553
    edited January 9
    Sandy create a document explain what needed to be done to get MTC to play nice with Hi Sierra Not sure if the same applies to Mojave
    MTC Not Working with High Sierra on Mac
    For the last few MAC OS updates and to a lesser extent Windows updates it been rather a cat and mouse chase , The update breaks MTC and a workaround is found
    It can take time for these workarounds to be found , I always suspected eventually workarounds may not be found
    I would suggest if you use MTC and work to deadline you have a backup plan
    eg use of older mtc compatible operating systems or alternate software that will work with your cutter

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • lwebblwebb Member Posts: 30
    Thanks Crazy, Yep ran the "not working on Sierra" before I posted to start with. Did it several times. Software loads fine, just won't take an access code. Doesn't seem to work with Mojave? I also have posted 3 new tickets with "MTC Support" never got a ticket number? Tried to log in but keeps taking me back to "start a new ticket"? Unless I'm missing something, the MTC folks have made their money and hit the road.  From what I gather, they haven't reworked their code in over 5 years!
    Yep have a back up plan and running it with an external boot with Mountain lion, but thats an emergence plan, not a fix. I can't keep rebooting every time I need to cut then reboot again when I need to get back to Illustrator to tweak a file.

@lwebb - sorry to hear of your troubles, especially after trying so many things to resolve on your own. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be much technical support available, it appears that Andy, the owner/developer/programmer, sole proprietor of Make The Cut! has abandoned the product. No updates in several years.

For what it is worth, many people are looking at SCAL. It has both Mac and PC native programs, is similar in a lot of things as MTC, and is actively being supported with updates and the addition of new cutters as they come on stream. Perhaps you might want to look at that option.
  • SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,606
    A week ago, I tested MTC which was already installed on my Mac and had no issues after two Mohave updates. In fact, I had just made sure that I could cut to the original Maxx cutter by testing from MTC for someone having issues on her Mac.   However, after reading your post this morning, I decided to try uninstalling and reinstalling MTC just to see if I had issues with registering and I can't even get to that point now.  Even using the instructions I put into the Sierra tutorial I wrote up for MTC users, MTC will not open for me. After an hour, I had to give up because I didn't know what else to try and, frankly, support for these newer versions of Mac need to be addressed by the company still selling MTC as software with Mac compatibility. 
    Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Orbit, Skycut C and D
    Over 90 free MTC videos: http://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/
    Latest MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/
  • jesprattjespratt Member Posts: 59
    edited January 11
    @SandyMcC - I know this won't solve @lwebbs problem, but does the Mac let you go back to an earlier restore point like windows does? If so you could select a point before you did the MTC uninstall and see if that would get you back to your registered version.
    I can't do that because I need to stay current to continue testing and reporting SCAL5 bugs.  I seldom use MTC on my Mac, so it's not a big deal for me to not have access to it.  Also, as I have time, I need to figure out if there's a fix for this, like the Sierra fix, because we do still have a lot of KNK owners using MTC on their Macs. 
    Sandy McCauley
    @SandyMcC - what version of Mojave do you have?
    @Liz_A, I'm on the latest Mohave: 10.14.2 and yes, I did the part about allowing 3rd party programs to be opened.   MTC actually LOOKS like it has opened because the icon shows up on the dock at the bottom. However, I've been unable to get the window to pop up and not stay in a minimized state.  I've used App Cleaner multiple times to uninstall MTC, reboot the Mac, reinstall, check the Wine settings, approve the opening, rinse and repeat. lol It just doesn't want to actually fully pop open but remain minimized on the dock. But who knows... maybe things will be different next week when I try again.

Sandy McCauley
    @SandyMcC - this is not good news! Very troubling for our Mac users.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!