We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Christmas Ornaments

PennyPenny Member Posts: 2,184
Messing around with making a few Christmas ornaments from some files I purchased. The Hello Kitty and The Nightmare Before Christmas were designs that I came up with after making the nativity scene, snowflake, and snowman, which are from Pazzle Craftroom. These are very easy to make and you can come up with your own inserts.

Penny in Albuquerque, NM "Not all those who wander are lost." - R.R. Tolkien

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,229
    @Penny - Lovely, Penny, nice work! I bought some of these files as well. Did you bring them into MTC?
  • PennyPenny Member Posts: 2,184
    @Liz_A Thank you. Yes I did bring them into MTC and also changed the score lines from dashes to solid lines. 
    @Penny - I did as well. Did yours come into MTC as a very small size, like postage stamp size?
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,467
    Like these - this idea has potential to expand further.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
    Liz_A said:
    @Penny - I did as well. Did yours come into MTC as a very small size, like postage stamp size?
    Yes it did. I looked at the size of them in my Silhouette software and then resized in MTC. Not sure why it came in so small.
    Di-lite said:
    Like these - this idea has potential to expand further.
    Yes I agree.
    @Penny - I have been doing some research. The Designer Business Edition of the Silhouette program has a bug in it when it saves to SVG. When it creates an svg file, it includes the overall size of the project, so lets say the overall size is 6 inches wide by 4.25 inches high. The Design software expresses the size in millimeters (mm). Being as SVG files are text readable, I opened all the svg files I have bought from the Silhouette Design store and found that when it expresses the size, ie width and height. it puts the mm for the width but not the height. So if you open in the Business version, the program must be able to render the file based on one of the measurements...otherwise the file would "fail" in Silhouette Studio and just be postage stamp size there as well. So I "fixed my files by adding the mm in the height value, where it is missing. And that works great! I have sent emails to both designers - Lori Whitlock and Suzanne of Quiet Fire - so at least they will know where the issue is when customers complain about not knowing what the size of the file should be. Hope that helps!!!
  • CharoCharo Member Posts: 732
    @Penny very nice indeed!  Thanks for taking the time to post your photos too.  I do so love to see other folks' ideas and work.  So, these are little shadow boxes; is the center of each one interchangeable?  I thought it might be because of the wavy edges.  I can see all the separate layers in the deer card.
    Member 30818
    Charo said:
    @Penny very nice indeed!  Thanks for taking the time to post your photos too.  I do so love to see other folks' ideas and work.  So, these are little shadow boxes; is the center of each one interchangeable?  I thought it might be because of the wavy edges.  I can see all the separate layers in the deer card.
    Yes the center or centers in the shadow boxes are interchangeable. I purchased the Nativity, Snowman and snowflake files and then made the inserts for Hello Kitty and The Nightmare Before Christmas. The designer of these also have several with several inserts in them. The Deer Cube file is from another designer. The Deer Cube is a little harder to get together. Small space to work in to get the layers in correctly.
    @Liz_A ; Dummy me also purchased the SVG files from her. And as you stated, they came in too small. I just took the Studio3 file and used the online converted from Studio to SVG and it converted it to the correct size. I should have done that to begin with. No more buying the SVGs from the Silhouette store. Not sure why I did purchased the SVGs (as I said DUMMY ME).
  • Calgalcre8sCalgalcre8s Member Posts: 2,901
    Penny  Love the deer one. Did that also come from Pazzle Craftroom? Do you know the name of the file? TIA
    Penny  Love the deer one. Did that also come from Pazzle Craftroom? Do you know the name of the file? TIA
    Yes it also came from Pazzle Craftroom.  The name is Deer Cube Ornament by Silhouette - Design ID 282051. 
    Here is the link. It is a few file: https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/designs/?free_designs=1
  • Rosie0530Rosie0530 Member Posts: 3,129
    These are fabulous! Thanks for the photos!

Rosie in VA. originally from PA. Proverbs3:5,6
    Thank you @Rosie0530
    Thanks @Penny for sharing your projects here! I fell in love with that deer cube. This is my second version of it...added a silver mirra paper to the back and bottom inside, and Michaels Recollections super fine glitter paper to the front. Picture doesn't do justice to the cuteness factor!
    Merry Christmas!

Oh @Liz_A that is so pretty. What is silver mirra paper?
  • SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,516
    Liz, I love the glitter paper you used. That's cool!
    Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Orbit, Skycut C and D
    Over 90 free MTC videos: http://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/
    Latest MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/
    @Penny - thanks...I got it in a bundle of different colours of metallics, gold, silver, etc. Its like a foil paper on a stronger backing. It cuts awesomely, and works great in die cutting machines as well. It can scratch very easily. Some call it mirror board as well. My brand is from UK, but Tim Holtz has a version:

https://www.amazon.ca/Tim-Holtz-Idea-ology-Polystyrene-TH93029/dp/B009AG8XS6/ref=sr_1_26?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1545522495&sr=1-26&keywords=paper+mirror

@SandyMcC - that is the superfine Michaels glitter paper, has a thin plastic feeling backing, cuts like butter, and no mess =). Love it. Gorgeous colours.
    Thank you @Liz_A. I will take a look at the link you sent. I it sounds pretty.