We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Trying to do print and cut of puzzle

I watched video on how to do puzzle print and cut.  Watched how to do it on mtc and was successful with the ornaments but when I tried to do a print and cut with the puzzle I cannot get it to work.  I don't know what I'm doing wrong.  

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,325
    @sikes please describe what steps you did that you were not successful with. I can't tell you what you did wrong if I don't know what you did! =)

• GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,554
    Why are you using PnC?  From Section 2.07 of the user manual...

There are three modes in controlling where images will cut to the Zing. They are...

 Knife Point: Moves the shapes to cut at the origin you have set on the cutter itself. Use the blade tip to set the origin for cutting.

 WYSIWYG: Cuts the shapes where they are positioned on the Virtual Mat. Use the laser light to set the origin- either at the corner of the cutting mat or the corner of the material (as described later in this section).

 Print and Cut: Cuts shapes relative to registration marks printed on your printer. Refer to Chapter 9 for complete instructions on the print and cut process.

Then detailed explanations, with video, are provided to show how each cutting mode is used and where it will cut.

It seems to me that WYSIWYG would work just as well as PNC to cut the puzzle shape, without needing to do the 3 point registration.  Of course, before committing to cutting the puzzle pieces from the actual photograph, try it out with a piece of plain cardstock, perhaps with a hand drawn shape on it to match the size of the photo. That way you can be certain it is cutting where you want it to cut, without sacrificing an actual photo first. 
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,528
    edited December 2018
    assume you trying to add the photo to the jigsaw pattern as a texture
    using the join> break method
    The something odd about the square outline of the jigsaw pattern
    it does not appear to be a closed path there cannot contain a texture

I found the breaking the path the top left corner

once you make the square a closed path the join break method will work with the photo

ensure the photo is above the jigsaw pattern in the layer stack
    select the photo and the pattern
    join then Break
    expand the layer that results and discard the original photo
    (it should be down the bottom of the layer)
    (or move to another layer and hide)

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!