We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Make the cut crashing while using fuse n weld

I'm trying to use this on some text and every time I select Fuse n Weld, the program closes.  Any ideas? 

Answers

• Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,473
    Try just doing a couple of letters at a time - also make sure they are not joined.

Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,473
    Don't forget to save after each successful move.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,976
    Hi @kmcburke - I responded to your post on FB in regards to this:

- PC or Mac
    - check to ensure you have the latest drivers for your video card, the manufacturer's one, not the Windows one. For example I have applied 2 Windows updates in the last while, and in both updates, Windows installed a generic Windows video driver for my monitor....which then does not give me the high resolution choices that are supported by my monitor - very annoying. I have to reinstall the OEM drivers.
    - put a basic shape on the mat. Select and try fuse n weld, if you get the message that no changes have been made and no crash then the function is working, we would need your .mtc file to check it
    - make sure that you are using the fuse n weld function properly. It should be used on shapes that are not completely closed...ie the shape when on the MTC mat does not have a fill colour
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,876
    Like @Liz_A mentioned, make sure you're using it for its intended purpose.  If you're only needed to remove overlap (weld) letters together, then apply Split to make sure the letters are separated and then select all and apply the basic Weld function, not Fuse N Weld.
    Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Orbit, Skycut C and D
    Over 90 free MTC videos: http://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/
    Latest MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!