We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

how to change the outline colour of a shape in MTC?

hello all, 
I want to change colours of an outline. How do I do this with MTC? I have only managed to fill in a shape or letter with a colour choosing from the palette but I can't find the way for the lines.

Thank you,
Georgia

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,976
    @geotsa - you can't, because while it looks like an outline, its not, its a representation of the cutting path. If you want to have an outline or border, use the the Shadow Layer function, and apply a shadow layer with the value of thickness you want, and colour it the same as you have been doing, with the colour you want. The other line, however will still be there, as it is the cutting line, but it will not print. Refer to the MTC User Manual for more detail, here:

http://www.iloveknk.com/0um/KNKZing/KNKZingwithMTCUserManual.pdf - page 172.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • geotsageotsa Member Posts: 4
    Thank you for your reply Liz_A. That 'outline' now makes sense. I will try the shadow layer now :)
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,976
    You'll need to remember to turn off the inner part and just cut the shadow layer if you are doing a print and cut.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,639
    I think this would work

1. set the mat to contrast
    2. if the original shape is not textured choose a desired fill colour for the shape or   white for no colour
    3. create the shadow
    4. set the shadow to the designed line colour
    5. select both the shadow and the original shape
    6. do a texture snapshot

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,473
    You could create a .05 shadow of the whole thing and drop it to the bottom of the layers.  This will stand out just that little bit of the original and give the effect of line colour.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!