We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

having problems with lines [Resolved]

GardendogGardendog Member Posts: 312
edited June 2018 in Resolved Issues
I'm working on my son's wedding invitations and as I am making the reply cards, I want to have a line for Names:__________, then for choice of dinner. I write a line, but then when I hit Print preview, it does show sometimes, when I move the whole card, it disappears. Sometimes it shows in Print preview, but then not when I actually print. Strange! I have never had this happen before, but I don't think I have ever used lines in any of my writing using MTC
Post edited by Gabe on

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,594
    Line of paths won't print unless you enable print shape outline in print options
    the disadvantage of this is that all line include those you don't want printed would print

another option would be rather the using a single line use use fat paths
    then used texture snapshot

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,473
    Or create a very thin rectangle to act as the line!
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
  • SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,672
    Do this as part of your Text. Type the word Names: and then hold down the Shift key and use the underscore character. You end up with what I show below and it won't be handled any differently than your text.  
    Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Orbit, Skycut C and D
    Over 90 free MTC videos: http://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/
    Latest MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/
  • GardendogGardendog Member Posts: 312
    Thank you all of you. I did do the underscore which is why it's so weird that it did not show up. Again, I checked with print preview and still the underline for Salmon: was missing, all the other lines were there.

I'll try again. So appreciate the help.Di-lite said:
    Or create a very thin rectangle to act as the line!, I did do this! and it still did not always print. Perhaps my line is too thin.SandyMcC said:
    Do this as part of your Text. Type the word Names: and then hold down the Shift key and use the underscore character. You end up with what I show below and it won't be handled any differently than your text.  
    I will try that again. Thank you

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,578
    @Gardendog - Perhaps the font you are using doesn't have that glyph? I have run into some fonts that just don't have some things, like the apostrophe, or an exclamation or question mark.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,578
    Oh, and how I fixed that? I would find a similar font, type the same text onto a new layer to use as placement guide, (I lock the layer that I want to keep), then line up the text with the new font to the one that I want, then delete the bits I don't know, move the bits I want to the same layer as the other text (after unlocking the layer). That might work.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • GardendogGardendog Member Posts: 312
    Sandy, it worked!! Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!