We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Cameo Silhouette - how to cut halfway through material

I am wanting to cut sticker paper in rectangles, but at the same time, I want 2 lines to be cut within the rectangles that only cut halfway through, so the backing will come off.  Is there a way to do that? 

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,991
    @jschmidt - you would need to put each cut - one that does not cut through the backing, and one that does - on its own layer. You would cut the layer that does not cut through first, using cutting settings that achieve that cut, experimenting would be required. Then you would cut again, using settings that do cut through the backing.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,640
    So are the halfway though cuts in the front or the backing sheet ?
    There a tool that is often use for cutting peel cuts in the backing sheets
    OLFA TS-1
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!