We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

images not cutting correctly from mtc to us cutter sc

I am sending images to the sc us cutter. it is not a cutter issue. checked that. help...

Comments

• GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,599
    @newsome44, we need more information please.  What version of MTC are you using?  What type of computer and operating system?  Can you upload the MTC file you are trying to cut?  Are you using a cutting mat?  The more info you give us, the more likely we can help you.
  • newsome44newsome44 Member Posts: 9
    ok. not using a mat. cutting directly off a roll. gateway desktop with windows 7. the letters I am using are from the make the cut font list. I am using the newest version of mtc
  • Little_BerryLittle_Berry Member Posts: 5,760

Have you downloaded  the plugin for US Cutter and the Cut ok drivers?

• SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,888
    What does "images not cutting correctly" mean? I can think of at least five possibilities, so please provide more details. A photo with a description would be even better.  :)
    Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Orbit, Skycut C and D
    Over 90 free MTC videos: http://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/
    Latest MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/
    edited December 2016
    I have installed and reinstalled the software, drivers, etc...here is a picture. I use the word test. Each time it's cutting the t incorrectly
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,319
    edited December 2016
    newsome44 said:
    ok. not using a mat. cutting directly off a roll. gateway desktop with windows 7. the letters I am using are from the make the cut font list. I am using the newest version of mtc
    emphasis added

Just to clarify - generally MTC does not have its own fonts - the fonts listed for use inside MTC are the fonts you already have installed on your computer. This means, the font list you see inside MTC is the same font list you should see in any other software program on your computer. (There is a way to add some fonts perm. or temporarily to MTC but it is a process you must undertake to do at some point.)

Every font you have on your computer (or that can be added to your computer) is not necessarily a font that is good for cutting with an electronic cutter.  You will need to determine which ones will work best by trial and error (or ask here or on other cutter forums if people have "favorite" fonts for cutting.

Second, what font are you using? Make sure that the bold or italics are not turned on.  Have you tried with different fonts besides this one to see if you get different results?  If you cut basic shapes rather than "text" is it cutting correctly?

Post edited by MeFlick on
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
    It also is doing this on imported svg files, picture etc...
    It's doing it on all images imported into program and sent to cutter. Svg files, jpeg, png. Anything I send is not cut correctly
  • GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,599
    Are you using Make-The-Cut software to cut to your machine?  I ask because I noticed above you listed several file types, but not the .mtc file type.  
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 11,007
    @newsome44 - I am quite confident that the issue you are having is with the font you are using. As @MeFlick advised, MTC does not ship with its own fonts, what you see in the font list is what your computer has installed and would be available in any program.

Know that also, fonts designed for printing were not designed with cutting in mind, so many fonts you may find on your computer may cut strangely. That is not MTC's fault, that is the design of the font, it is what it is, we either fix it ourselves manually, or we try a different font. If you ZOOM in real close you will see the problems that some fonts have. 

As SandyMcC asked, you need to be more specific, "Anything I send is not cut correctly" is not enough information to even begin troubleshooting, other than asking you a litany of questions. So please provide an MTC file that has things that do not cut, please do screen shots of the file open in MTC, and then provide a picture of the results, if any, from the cutter.

And as @Gabe asked, are you even using MTC?

Lastly, if you are using MTC, are you cutting by clicking, in MTC, Cut Project With... or are you cutting by choosing your cutter as a printer from File => Print?
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,319
    Your title indicates that you are using MTC with the a "US Cutter SC" cutter.  However, as noted we really need some more details and info. from you.  Specifically, how are you importing the different files into MTC and how are you "cutting" - what menu choice to cut are you using from within MTC? As Liz asked in her last sentence? Are you trying to do a Cut project with US Cutter, different cutter choice or using the other option to try and cut from a non supported cutter using the File_print?

Also, what is the "SC US Cutter" or "US Cutter SC" model that you are using?  It is possible that MTC does not and will not cut to that particular model from US Cutter.  The US Cutter plugin available for MTC is listed to work with the MH/Laserpoint series only. Others have had other US Cutter models that MTC did not work with. If you give more specific details, give sample files from MTC, etc. its possible that someone can help you figure it out since it seems you are getting "some" success in that MTC seems to be talking somewhat to your cutter.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
    My cutter is us cutter sc 25in model laser point series. I was importing images that I saved to my pics file on my computer (windows 7) system from Google. The cutter It is listed on the MTc. It worked all day when I was sending images to cut and then it stopped cutting images correctly. It worked on the same file earlier in the day that it then started cutting wrong. I'm not really sure what more I can say.. I have gone through it with us cutter and the machine is fine.
    I am using the cut project with and selecting my listed machine..some of the files I am importing are one I have saved from Google images. I know that these files some work and some don't. But I don't understand why I was cutting for 8 hrs and it worked like a charm and them the same images it's cut perfect started to miss cut. The picture I loaded was the same exact file I had been cutting all day and then it started to cut the image wrong or not cut the entire image sent...
    Yes I have even used MTc. File types
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,473
    Can I suggest you put the MTC file up as well as your pic so that Sandy can assess the problem more fully!  I can see that the t is not cutting correctly but I am wondering if the t has a cross over in its makeup.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
    That doesn't seem to be an issue with MTC, then.  Otherwise, it wouldn't have been working so well earlier in the day.

One thing that can cause random cutting issues is a bad USB cable. Try a different one to see if that solves the problem.  

Also, in the photo you sent earlier, it appears that the "e" and the "s" are fine and then the last letter "t" is not.  I want you to repeat that but after cutting, look at the cut lines carefully to see if the "t" was actually cut correctly, however there were additional cut lines which then resulted in what we see in the photo after you weeded the waste.

The reason I ask this question is that instead of random cutting, perhaps the head was not lifting when it should?  In my mind this is a bit of a stretch based on how it weeded (appears that there were many extra cuts).  But, just in case it is a mechanical issue instead of a communication issue, then it will help in knowing what might need repairing.
    Sandy McCauley
    I feel like it's a machine issue too. I will try another USB and see what happens. Thanks!
    You're welcome and GOOD LUCK!!!!
    Sandy McCauley
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!