We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Help with weld.

I've used the program for years now and never had a problem. Now all of a sudden when I try to weld items together it causes an error and shuts the program down. Is this a known bug or issue? I've not done an upgrade or changed anything. It seems to happen when I have an overlapping font. I'll separate it, then if I try to weld it together all at once it will cause the problem. My only work around has been to just select smaller sections to weld at a time. There is no rhyme or reason though, sometimes I can weld more letters together at a time, yet sometimes I try that many items and it closes. I love MTC but this is becoming troublesome. TIA for any answers.

Comments

• leslie6111leslie6111 Member Posts: 2,380
    You can always do a clean reinstall of MTC, I have found that helps if my version has been doing repeated crashes, and that is what I suggest as when as uninstalling the bad font. Sometimes fonts are faulty or corrupted and can cause problems with software;  but does this happen when you weld other types of shapes? I have never had that kind of issue with MTC - it only freezes when it cannot handle the size of my file. Are you running other programs in the background using your computers resources when this happens?
  • Little_BerryLittle_Berry Member Posts: 5,760
    Right before you weld SAVE your work. This has happened to me in Vista, 7, 8 and 10. I have 32gigs in my computer now and have inkscape, Mtc, paint, MS digital Pro and several web pages open at the same time without a crash when I welded Then again with only  Mtc open weld would crash  
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!