We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

[Resolved] Partially cutting a shape?

klkitchensklkitchens Member Posts: 30
edited November 2016 in Resolved Issues
I have a sheet of cutouts that I use regularly for my boardgaming hobby.  I want to cut and mail sheets of these to someone else and when I did it before, since they are cut completely from the cardstock, I have to scrape them all off the cutting mat and ship them like that.

What I want to be able to do is cut them except for a couple of small tabs that keep them attached to the backing sheet.  Then I can mail them sheets of these flat and they can snip them out of the sheet when they need to use one.

I use the custom line function already to do perforation cuts for fold lines (vs. scoring) and that works well.  So I though I could just make the shape also a custom line style that only leaves a couple of small spots uncut.  Unfortunately the custom line function only goes to 1" for the cut section (I need more like 3-4" cut, then a small 1/16" tab, then cut some more) to make it work.

1. Is there a way to override the limits in the custom line dialog to make it do what I'm hoping (doubt it and understand why)

2. Is there another method.  Can I convert my "shape" (a rounded rectangle) to just the line itself?  If so, then I could bisect it with another shape or place a gap in the line to make it skip where I don't want it to cut.

Other ideas?

Post edited by Gabe on

Comments

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!