We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Help with registering my MTC (Mac software upload)..... Mac USERS?

I've been sick for 2 years, and I've forgotten everything I once knew about my Zing, PLUS my laptop which held my MTC program and was lost along with all my files when the laptop broke down..I received a new registration number from the company.  but NOW, when I open the MTC program and try to register the software, I can neither PASTE the number NOR 'hand enter it'...I am using a Macbook PRO  (new to me) laptop) with Maverick OS.  
 have not yet connected it (bridged it) to my (about 5 years old) ZING...Is that the issue? I KNOW that the MTC Mac program does not 'run' on a Mac without help from a  "WINDOWS" program, but I don't know where to find it.  A SENIOR MOMENT (years now) from a 77 year old GRANNY!  HELP!

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,640
    edited October 2016
    Registration Keys are about 33 characters long, split up into three groups separated by dashes, and begin with "MTC"

the MAC version of make the cut included all it need to run on a MAC 

what happens when you attempt to paste the registration keys in do you get a message saying it invalid or similar
    when you select to copy it be sure you are not include a space at the beginning or end
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • legacydesignslegacydesigns Member Posts: 24
    edited October 2016
    YES...   MTCKKSMRGAHHP7WZ etc..... The issue is that I can't successfully ENTER the reg. number in the 'register the product key' in the pop up box when first opening MTC...    
    I see NO 'Paste' when try to enter the # directly copied from my email into the reg. space.  The 'edit' for MTC  PROGRAM itself is 'inactive,  and the 'edit' for top bar for the MTC has only a 'copy', but NO paste...
    edited October 2016
    Ok I'm not a mac user but you would need to used either the shortcut keys for paste or the mouse buttons to bring up a menu the allows paste

If that makes no sense not to worry I'm sure there will be a mac user allow that can explain exactly what to do
    Post edited by Crazy_Mr_Zing on
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
    edited October 2016
    -

Post edited by Crazy_Mr_Zing on
  • Little_BerryLittle_Berry Member Posts: 5,760

Have them resend you your registration

reinstall MTC and try again

remember to restart your computer

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 11,007
    On the Mac you cannot just reinstall MTC, you have to use a cleaner program after you have removed MTC, then you reinstall it. There are some instructions I am sure in the Zing manual here:

http://www.iloveknk.com/0um/KNKZing/KNKZingwithMTCUserManual.pdf

Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • leslie6111leslie6111 Member Posts: 2,380
    edited October 2016
    Also cut and paste shortcuts will not necessarily work - they won't work with my imac. You can type it in - although that will not work with a pc. Use cut and past under edit if you do not want to type it out the long way. If you have El Capitan download the current version of MTC. I have not updated to Sierra yet - so I do not know if it will be seamless and if MTC will still function. I put a question out about that but neither @Andy or @SBryanW responded.
  • annettewrightannettewright Member Posts: 1
    I use MacBook Pro and if I want to copy/paste I copy then go to where I want to paste tap on where to paste once then again and hold - paste appears  - then click on paste,  hope you understand what I'm saying!   
  • leslie6111leslie6111 Member Posts: 2,380
    Copy from your email to get it loaded in your clipboard but you can't use the shortcut keys - at least I can't on my imac because of wine interface. I have to do paste manually under edit in drop down menu or type in the code manually. This differs from what I would do in windows.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!