We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Silhouette Studio DXF Import Error

When importing a dxf into SS for cutting on the Cameo 3, I kept getting this error:

"The file you are attempting to access could not be loaded. It may be corrupt."

After battling Silhouette Studio for a few hours I finally identified what the problem was. I was working in illustrator and there was a small polygon buried in the artwork. The little triangle had an overall size of less than 0.0009" and was the sole element restricting the dxf import process into SS. If I delete or increase the size of this little polygon, everything imported fine. Hopefully this post helps you remedy a similar error.

I'm sure there are nice scripts or special selection features to identify these issues automatically but I'm not there yet ...

Comments

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!