We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Keeps crashing!

SXDSXD Member Posts: 28
Hi!  Is anyone having problems with MTC crashing after Windows updates?  That's the only thing I can guess could be wrong at this point.  I did upload a second graphic editor program and deleted it yesterday thinking that was the problem, but I'm still having crashes....to the point of not being able to do anything at all.  The minute I hit a button, it crashes!  I've rebooted.  I uninstalled and reinstalled.  I've deleted programs.  I'm at a loss.

Any suggestions?  I'm on the brink of ...sniff, sniff....waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!   LOL

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 11,007
    @SXD - try reinstalling the FTDI driver from here:

http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm

Check the Device manager to see if there are any hardware items that have a yellow explanation mark on them.

When you say "deleted it yesterday" for the graphics, did you really just delete it or did you uninstall it properly?

Check Windows updates to ensure that all updates were installed.

Lastly, I would try to restore to a previous time when things worked.
    Still using MTC but slowly migrating to SCAL. KNK cutters including the Force and Maxx Air continue to be my favourites. Fluent in other cutter languages.
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,640
    What version of Windows are you working with
    as liz says check the update history and ensure there is not any that failed to install

Another thought well guess really maybe one of the windows update has issues with your possibly outdated video card driver
    so check if your video card also has an updated driver available

What was the other software you deleted ?

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!