We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

registration marks.

After cutting vinyl my portrait will not pick up registration marks it seems as though the portrait is stuck on landscape ? Is there any way to reset portrait can anyone help please

Answers

• Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,473
    Two possible causes - your mat is set at landscape and not portrait or you printer is set to landscape and not portrait.  If the printer click on printer options under File and make the necessary changes.  If mat then look to your right where you will see below 'Typical mat' the option of landscape or portrait.  Click that one.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
  • gll5613gll5613 Member Posts: 51
    Here are two other possible causes for registration mark reading errors:

The optic scanner is obstructed. Perhaps a small piece of vinyl is stuck to it.

Using the Load Media button on the Portrait instead of the Load Cutting Mat button if a cutting mat is being used.
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,241
    Welcome to the Make the Cut software support forum.  You don't indicate whether or not you are using the Make the Cut software or the Silhouette software with your Silhouette Portrait cutter.   Since this is your first post, and it looks like you just joined this morning to post your inquiry I am going to assume that you are using the Silhouette program with your machine.  IF that is the case, you will get the best help from a group dedicated to using the Silhouette machines and their software.  You can find the one that I am aware of here: http://s15.zetaboards.com/Silhouette_Plus/index/
    If you do Facebook, there are some Facebook groups too that I believe are dedicated to the Silhouette line of machines and the Silhouette programs.  I don't so I can't point you directly to those.  A quick search should turn some up.

All that said - the Silhouette machines with their optical eyes are great WHEN they work.  However, they are notorious for not working very well or very consistently.  Some people have no or little issues, others can never get it to work.  Others are hit and miss.  I know, I have two in my arsenal a portrait and a Cameo.  Another issue besides the ones listed above is poor light (some have to shine a light directly down on the cutter - regular sunny room doesn't always cut it. Sometimes its the printer margins - some printers "reduce to fit" automatically or have a setting turned on to do so.  Lots of variables and things to check when you have an issue. You can use MTC with that cutter, and do print and cuts to it from MTC, however, just like with the Silhouette program it can be hit or miss as to how well it works.  Most of the time - mine worked but not always.

Since you were cutting vinyl, do check that there is not a small piece stuck somewhere.

Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!