We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Evenly placing designs---there has to be an easier way. [Resolved]

hwganghwgang Member Posts: 2,807
edited August 2016 in Resolved Issues
I want to cut 100 circles, evenly spaced on a custom mat. The end goal is the negative space. I would like to have each row have the circles staggered half way between the row above and below it. 

I've never tried to do this before, but I guess I thought it would be easy with space and align tool. Um, not so much.

Am I missing something? Or do I just need to do it by placing each circle manually?

Thanks.
Post edited by Gabe on
Lynne
Moderation in All Things should be Practiced Sparingly
In KNK Love with my Zing, Eagle and the Support!

Comments

• MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,242
    Hey Lynne, how many circles do you want on each row across? How many total rows down do you want?

how big is your mat?

I would start to approach this by first doing the first row using the duplicate function.  Create one circle and then "duplicate" and add the spacing desired.  Then join that row together and then copy that row and place it where you want it as the 2nd row.  Then you can copy those two rows and duplicate as desired.

If you don't understand what I am trying to explain - let me know the answers to the questions above and I will have a try to "show" you what I am talking about.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • hwganghwgang Member Posts: 2,807
    Just what I was looking for, Melanie! (@meflick) ! You know, I don't think I've ever used Duplicate before. Either that, or it was so long ago I've forgotten. :-P

Thanks so much! Done!
    Lynne
  • SusanBluerobotSusanBluerobot Member Posts: 1,185
    Here you go i know that this has been answered but this might help others

Bye for now, Susan [email protected] | www.susanbluerobot.com I am an affiliate for Popup Card Studio™. If you are considering purchasing Popup Card Studio, please use this link and support my blog! I am an affiliate for Make the Cut™. If you are considering purchasing Make the cut , please use this link and support my blog! I am an affiliate of Scrap Factory™. if you are considering purchasing Scrap Factory , please use this link and support my blog!
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,242
    Glad I was able to help out. I understand, so much in MTC, hard to remember it all for sure.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • hwganghwgang Member Posts: 2,807
    Took 2 seconds once I had the right option. :) Thanks, Melanie and Susan, yes, others may benefit.

Lynne
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!