We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Zing makes a click sound then all cuts are no longer lined up [Resolved]

sunlit2sunlit2 Member Posts: 2
edited June 2016 in Resolved Issues
I have a full page of print and cut images.  There are only 18 images  I have about 80 sheets to cut out.  Most of the time all 18 images are cut out perfectly, but occasionally my zing makes a clicking noise and the last 6 images are cut out in the wrong place.  It's as if the zing didn't roll all the way down and so my cut lines are about 1/2 inch above where they should be.  Any Ideas on what I can do to fix this?  It's completely random and it has ruined about 5 of my pages.  Granted I have done 30 pages, but I would like it to be perfect on every one.
Thanks
Post edited by Gabe on

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,575
    edited June 2016
    Welcome to the Make the Cut forum

As this is you first post I will ask is your zing new and are you just beginning to learn it and make the cut software

Is the matt getting caught somewhere ?

if not you might have to create a support ticket with KNK  http://knkusa.com/support-ticket-request/

if I start with the mat positioned so the bottom edge is further in than the groove the sliding guides slide it the edge of the mat will sometimes catch will in that grove that can cause slippage
    also if during cutting the mat rolls that far out the front the top edge of the mat can sometime lift up a little and then catch on the top of  the slot the mat passes through to the back of the machine
    Supporting the mat so it doesn't hang down can help prevent the other end lifting up
    If you can position the material so there about 3" spare mat at the top and at least 0.5" at the bottom the edge of the matt should stay clear of those catch points during cutting

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • leslie6111leslie6111 Member Posts: 2,380
    I also think your mat is getting caught up under the back lip of the zing.  zing mats tend to curl at the edges over time because the levers deform the edges. Watch your next cut and if you are getting close to the back edge, you can sometimes use your hand and gently guide the mat under the back lip so that it doesn't get caught and stop the mat from moving freely.
  • sunlit2sunlit2 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for responding. I paid closer attention and the clicking sound was the mat hitting the back of the zing. I think that solved my problem. Thank you so much.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!