We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Zing blade not lowering to cut [Resolved]

heatherMheatherM Member Posts: 22
edited June 2016 in Resolved Issues
my Zing air blade is not lowering to cut the design. On a normal cut, you know the blade lowers quickly marking the origin point, then proceeds to cut. My zing is not doing that. It moves through the cut with the blade up (not actually cutting) then about half way through the design, the blade lowers and cuts briefly. The blade raises again & continues through the cut (blade up). I am Cutting a files I have cut many times with no problem. In fact I had cut the same files just prior the the issue arising.
What I've tried: Turned off zing, shut down MTC, re-started computer, made a completely new file from scratch.
My mother board on my zing was replaced by you this time last year. Running on a MAC.
Thank you for your help!

Post edited by Gabe on

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,575
    edited May 2016
    @heatherM What age is your zing This problem usually indicates the data belt has developed a fault
    basically the data belt is the wire the connects to the carriage and controls blade up and down during operate this wiring is constantly flexed therefore it eventually develops a break

You will need to contact KNK http://knkusa.com/support-ticket-request/
     They will be able to help you confirm this is the problem and give repair options either send your zing in for repair or supply part and instructions for self repair if you think that's something you could manage

heatherM said:
    MTC, re-started computer, made a completely new file from scratch.
    My mother board on my zing was replaced by you this time last year.

Just for the record Make the Cut and the Make the Cut Forum has no connection with KNK USA the are totally separate companies
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • PennyPenny Member Posts: 2,236
    edited June 2016
    heatherM   This happen to me with my Zing and my problem was what Crazy_Mr_Zing stated above. I contacted KNKusa and had my belt within a few days. It is a great company to work with.                    
    Penny in Albuquerque, NM "Not all those who wander are lost." - R.R. Tolkien
  • heatherMheatherM Member Posts: 22
    yes, replaced head carriage cable & working fine now. Thanks everyone!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!